Sportive Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions detailed below apply to all participants of every event organised and operated by BST Sporting Events Ltd. Purchase of an online entry, or completion of an ‘on the day’ entry form, acknowledges acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. You accept that the sportive you are entering is not a race in any format. Times will not be recorded or published by BST Sporting Events Ltd. Any person/s considered to be competing against others will be banned from entering future events.
2. Each participant is full responsible for his/her actions during the event. This includes at the event centre and during the ride itself. BST Sporting Events Ltd does not accept responsibility for your actions nor their consequences.
3. The minimum age of participants on BST Sporting Events Ltd sportives is 18 years old on the day of the event. If the participant is under 18 years old prior to the event day, a parent or legal guardian must purchase their online entry on the participants behalf.
4. Participants must wear helmets during the ride. Helmets must comply with the latest EN1078, ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards. Any rider not wearing a helmet will not be covered by the event insurance and will be disqualified from the event. You must accept this as a condition of entry.
5. You confirm that the bicycle you are using for the event is road legal and road worthy. You confirm that the bicycle is able to complete the full distance of the sportive route.
6. If you wish to ride an e-bike at one of our events, it must be fully compliant with UK law. Flat e-bike batteries will not be considered a genuine mechanical issue.
7. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone inappropriate equipment or clothing.
8. Upon purchasing an online entry or signing the ‘on the day’ entry form, you agree that you are physically and mentally fit to complete the route distance.
9. During the event, there will be caution signs at appropriate points along the route. The absence of this signs does not signal the absence of dangers approaching and it is your decision whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the road is suitable to ride and you are deemed to make your own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
10. All marked routes are shown for guidance only and we do not insist that you use the route shown. If you choose to ride a section, you do so entirely of your own choice. If you choose to deviate from the route, you do so entirely of your own choice.
11. We reserve the right to alter or shorten a published route at any time. You do not have the right to a refund if a route is altered or shortened.
12. If you fail to complete the route, you agree to contact the event centre and report this.
13. You are requested to ride under the rules of the highway code. Please ride no more than 2 abreast at any time. Please use signals when turning and stopping. Be aware at all times and courteous to other cyclists and road users.
14. You must not drop litter at any part along the route. Please dispose of it responsible in litter bins. Any rider found littering will be disqualified from the event.
15. If you stop for a comfort break you are asked to do so discretely and appropriately and not to cause any offence to local residents or other riders.
16. You will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by you. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from police, air ambulance, fire and rescue and the ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, you agree that a member of our team or a member of the public may call on your behalf. In this situation, you still accept the costs and consequences of such actions.
17. Participation in the event is at your own risk.
18. Third party insurance cover is provided for all riders during the event, covering claims resulting from accidental damage to third party property. This insurance cover is adjudged void if it is deemed the rider has acted negligently. No further insurance cover is provided by us for riders participating in an event.
19. We strongly recommend each participant organises their own personal insurance cover.
20. By participating in the event, you confirm and agree that we and third parties authorised by us may record you via photographs, film, audio, audio-visual or other recordings, still or moving, during the event. We shall own all rights in such recordings and you hereby assign to us any and all present and future copyright, performance rights and any other right, title and interest in and to the recordings and you hereby waive the benefit of any law known as “moral rights”; agree that we may use the recordings for any purpose at our sole discretion including in any marketing and/or publicity materials, and on any website and social media; and agree that the recordings may be altered, edited and/or modified (e.g. combined with other images, text, graphics and/or sound). You hereby release us from any and all liability from such use and promotion and specifically waive any right to any compensation you may have for appearing in any of the recordings.
21. Event entry fees cannot be refunded or transferred under any circumstance.
22. We reserve the right to cancel an event due to extreme weather conditions or any natural disaster. Your entry will be automatically moved to the rescheduled event. If you cannot make the rescheduled event, your entry may be carried forward to a future event with equal or lower ticket value within the 12 months following the rescheduled event.
23. In the case of competition entries or giveaways, the winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests from us relating to any post-winning publicity.
Your personal information